PLCY@UNC has three primary objectives:
- To promote UNC Public Policy’s research, teaching and service activities;
- To highlight faculty expertise in both domestic and global policy research;
- To provide a new forum for discussion and deliberation on a range of domestic and global issues.
The Education Policy Initiative at Carolina (EPIC) is an interdisciplinary education policy research initiative within UNC Public Policy. EPIC conducts policy-relevant research and program evaluation to inform local, state, and federal programs and policies focused on improving effective teaching and student achievement in North Carolina and the nation.
Research, Teaching and Service
Primary research, teaching and service activities include:
- Research Program and Themes — A focus on research clusters or programs on particular topics related to UNC Public Policy faculty expertise.
- Teaching and Mentoring — provides opportunities for graduate and undergraduate applied policy research and projects.
- Service through Public Forums — hosting public forms and discussion on key domestic and global policy issues.